CANISTER is a holding space for creative development.
Hi, I am Monique Pelser, a South African artist, researcher, and producer. I am the founder of Canister where I love to share the skills I have learned working in creative practice for over 20 years.
I have been exhibiting nationally and internationally since 2004 and have participated in a series of master classes around the African continent from 2008-2012.
The mediums I work in are photography, performance, and illustration.
Since 2007 I have taught at major universities such as Rhodes School of Fine Art, Wits School of Arts, Stellenbosch Arts Department and was a teaching assistant at the School of Visual Arts in New York.
At these institutions, I was an undergraduate and post-graduate studio practice supervisor and lectured in the History of Art Department.
I am passionate about the arts and supporting emerging artists. I believe that creative thought is the most powerful tool.
- young artists who want to submit a portfolio to study further
- the making of personal research projects
- a strong local industry and sharing the services each member provides
- a healthy arts economy and community of practice
Canister consists of:
- Active Whatsapp group of artists from around the world
- One-on-one mentoring
- Group feedback sessions
- Instagram platform
- Podcast series STUDIO CONFIDENTIAL
- Power in the collective.
- How can I help mentality.
- Strong problem-solving.
- Strength as individuals, stronger as a collective.
- Develop the creative industry in SA & the economy around it.
- Curiosity & Conversation.
- POWER OF INDIVIDUAL INHERENT KNOWLEDGE.
- What each person brings to the conversation is VALUABLE.
Market Photo Workshop
IZIKO NATIONAL GALLERY
CAPE FILM SUPPLY